I crossed a cream legbar with a ----- and this is what I got

Pics
My chicks are a little over 2 weeks old and so far seem to be coming in barred they are black with brown barring. I only kept 2 out of my 7 unfortunately. I was planning on keeping them all until they were fully feathered so I would know the results of the coloring. I heard a rumor that my cross seems to create 2 different colors a more silver and black chipmunk with orange legs and beaks and also black and brown chipmunks with green tinged legs. I ended up keeping the 2 browner ones with tinged legs. Im wondering if the color has something to do with their sex? I sold the other 5 silverish chicks to a woman who buys hatching eggs and chicks from me, she asked if she could have them since a predator got most of her flock and she was trying to rebuild. She said she would send me pic updates though. I kind of wish I kept one of each now for comparison.

Hi This is Sarah Connor (from Terminator). She terminates any bugs that come by Cicadas flies everything.. I am looking forward to watching her grow.. She is so pretty already.
love.gif

My chicks are a little over 2 weeks old and so far seem to be coming in barred they are black with brown barring. I only kept 2 out of my 7 unfortunately. I was planning on keeping them all until they were fully feathered so I would know the results of the coloring. I heard a rumor that my cross seems to create 2 different colors a more silver and black chipmunk with orange legs and beaks and also black and brown chipmunks with green tinged legs. I ended up keeping the 2 browner ones with tinged legs. Im wondering if the color has something to do with their sex? I sold the other 5 silverish chicks to a woman who buys hatching eggs and chicks from me, she asked if she could have them since a predator got most of her flock and she was trying to rebuild. She said she would send me pic updates though. I kind of wish I kept one of each now for comparison.
I would be very interested in knowing what colors they end up. I am raising 2 silverlaced polish pullets to breed to a legbar roo.

Thank you, are you considering breeding back to get more with the partridge gene and double lacing?
If you were asking me I was just randomly posting pics of my chicks. Sorry for the confusion, they aren't partridge. Mine are a cross between Cream Legbar roo and a Silver Laced Cochin.

Last edited:
I am hoping they are both hens. They were feathering in faster than the other 5 chicks. The tails were in and the wings were long.
Here is what the other 5 looked like before I sold them

The 2 brownish ones in the back are the ones I kept since they seemed to be feathering in most like pullets the silver ones in the front are the ones I sold they had no tail feathers and short nubby wings. If I get a picture update soon of the silver ones from their new owner I will post them also.

Back
Top Bottom