I did an OOPS

ladyomaha

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 26, 2011
Kansas
I was candling my Egg, and Dumb A$$ me dropped it and it cracked, So is the chick gonna die now, Or can I try to put it back in the bator and see if it hatches?
he.gif
somad.gif

Cover the crack carefully with melted wax, and there is a chance that it will continue to develop. Monitor closely for signs of decomposition.

Quote:
x2
Melt birthday candles or an unscented candle and quickly dip the side of the egg with the crack.
You can also use duct tape, if you wish.

Good luck

Last edited:
Ive used wax to fix cracks. I get it to melt then put it on my finger till it starts to harden and is cooled off then I smear it on the egg. It has worked half the time.

Thanks for the Idea, I did see some Bright Red Blood veins still in the Egg, so I am hoping its still alive.... I have Never done this before, so mad at myself!!

Quote:
If it is a small crack and no fluid is seeping out, put a little glue or some of that liquid skin bandaid stuff over the crack and put it back in the bator. They are a little hardier than one would think in that egg and may be just fine. Someone here had one that looked completely cratered and it hatched out for 'em.

Quote:
It happens. Don't worry about it.
Last year I was taking a broody off of the nest to eat/drink.. As soon as I picked her
up I heard a "SPLAT!". Realized she had an egg underneath her wing, when I picked
her up it fell 3 feet to the hard ground. Chick was around day 12-ish. It's sad, but it
happens.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom