I did it... I butchered a problem causing Rooster

Mr Oviraptor

Songster
Dec 9, 2021
So I had a Rooster who was causing alot of problems, Chasing people, Killed one of my other Chickens and was absolutely crazy, I gave him so many chances to live but he kept un-behaving, I've had the Rooster for a long time and got a bit attached but today was the last draw, After he seriously injured several Hens I decided to put him down, I readied my knife and made one clean cut, It was quick and easy, No pain was in his body, He was dead, I cleaned him and processed him and now he will be food for the table, It was my first time butchering, But now I'm laying here in bed having second thoughts about it

Well done! You are much braver than me. I give away my cockerels to people who are able to butcher them for their tables. One day I hope to do it myself.
You have done a good and important thing, don't second guess yourself!
I hope for you to be brave someday to! I'm only a young fellow haha, Kinda newish to Poultry

So I had a Rooster who was causing alot of problems, Chasing people, Killed one of my other Chickens and was absolutely crazy, I gave him so many chances to live but he kept un-behaving, I've had the Rooster for a long time and got a bit attached but today was the last draw, After he seriously injured several Hens I decided to put him down, I readied my knife and made one clean cut, It was quick and easy, No pain was in his body, He was dead, I cleaned him and processed him and now he will be food for the table, It was my first time butchering, But now I'm laying here in bed having second thoughts about it
So his life was not wasted.

well done indeed.

Back
Top Bottom