***i Did It**********

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by annie3001, Jan 29, 2011.

1. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    I placed my first order for 2 ducklings for march !!!! I chose metzler farms after carefully reading about ducks and their choices!!!!
    i ended up buying welsh harlequins
    (excuse the bad spelling)!!! i am over the moon so excited!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

now i just have to wait till march !!!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  2. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations on ordering your ducks. Just 2...I dont want to put a dampner on your excitment but sometimes it does happen...what if 1 of your ducks dies for what ever reason, you will be left with 1 lonley duck. I never get anything in pairs, just incase 1 of them ups and pops its clogs on me. If you got 3 at least it would have a buddy if something did happen.

3. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    Quote:i have thought of that too...... since i wont be getting them till march, maybe i can up it to 3.... dont know yet....
    i have alot of chickens and one chicken in particular would be a great friend to an only duckling. (i trust this chicken). so i dunno. it was expensive enough just for 2. [​IMG]

4. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

You can always call back and add 1 more, thats what I did when I ordered 6 Runners, 3 weeks later I ordered my J Pekin. You are getting minimum chick for maximum shipping so it will only cost you the price of the duckling....Go on, you know you want to get a third [​IMG]

5. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    I saw some Welsh Harlequins in person for the first time a few weeks ago-stunningly beautiful birds!
    Congrats to you!

6. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    ha !! of course i want alot!!! who wouldnt!!! [​IMG]
    but where i am putting them, i want them to be comfortable moving around.

they will be using this brand new yellow coop we built last year. it was going to be for some baby chicks, but have deceided on ducks.
    [​IMG]

i plan to enclose their run to the right side....its the yellow coop

7. LuckyDuck411

LuckyDuck411 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Indianapolis
    We got our ducks from there...ordered only 2 and got 3...all of them survived! And it turned out that 1 was a drake and 2 were girls. So I would recommend three..now that we have three we couldn't have just two!

8. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    No more expensive to add one more to the order to make it 3 - then it makes cost per duck go down [​IMG]

I originally wanted 4 and then decided to just start with 2, but ordered 3 just in case since I had nowhere local to get a little runner if something happened early on.

9. Hattiegun

Hattiegun Chillin' With My Peeps

i would bet they will put in an extra !! dont they all... seems like everyone that orders always get 1-2 xtra!!!
    I ordered 4 last spring (emphasised only wanting 4-pd xtra for heat pads) and they sent 6 !!!! lol but found a good home for them. They were all good and healthy
    Congrats thoooooo its soooo exciting... Mine will be a yr old in March cant believe how time flys...

I also canceled the order as I got my ducks from DuckLuck and they sent them anyway !!

10. Metzers sends ducklings just for extra stuffing? That's pretty cool!!
    When I ordered four ducklings from Ideal I got baby roos for packing peanuts. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by