I do not like Green Eggs and Ham...

EmtheFishLady

We're all mad here
11 Years
Jan 13, 2011
Glen, MS
Why is Sam I Am so pushy? If I say I don't like green eggs and ham, why would he follow you through and entire book trying to push it on you? Would you not get suspicious? What has he put in that food? Is it really drugs? Is he just a stalker? Is green eggs and ham just THAT GOOD? How does he keep that tray up without dumping it on the ground?

Yeah, I've had to read this book 5 times today, I'm just really upset with Sam I Am right now...
hmm.png
barnie.gif

Last edited:
I do SO like green eggs and ham! I really like them, Sam I am!

And I would eat them on a house, and I would eat them with a mouse! I would so eat them here or there, and I would eat them ANYWHERE!

Can you tell I have that book memorized too?
lol.png

Did your daughter randomly call people on your phone while you read it?
barnie.gif
I have no idea how many people have heard me reading green eggs and ham today...
hu.gif

I do not like them in a house, I do not like them with a mouse, I do not like them here or there. I do not like them anywhere. I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them, Sam-I-Am.

I would think that would be clear enough...but noooo, not for Sam-I-Am it isn't....
duc.gif

Sam always bugged me, too. He's really obnoxious!

The Oz books also bug me. I never was able to read those books without being horrified after I read the one where Ozma burns some magic books and does brain surgery on the Glass Cat without its permission.
th.gif

I love that my daughter likes me to read to her. I love that she loves books...but jeez, Sam-I-Am is a creep.

another big favorite here is "One Fish Two Fish"... And yes, I DO see the irony of that.

Say! In the dark?
Here in the dark!
Would you, could you,
in the dark?

I would not, could not, in the dark.

Would you, could you, in the rain?

I would not, could not, in the rain.
Not in the dark. Not on a train.
Not in a car. Not in a tree.
I do not like them, Sam, you see.
Not in a house. Not in a box.
Not with a mouse. Not with a fox.