I don’t know what I should do 😞

@Farmgirl283420 , how do you imagine you'd like to interact with your silkies? To enjoy their company, cuddle with them sometimes, watch their antics, and at the end of the day to remember how much fun it is to have them around?

How do you imagine that chickens think of an ideal day? Happily scratching around for grain and bugs, stretching in the sunshine, having a nice dust bath, chatting with their friends, crowing and singing his heart out?

Now, compare that to what you have now, and think about the health and happiness of your chickens, and your own children if you have any. Take your own emotions out of the equation, and think about what BEST can be done to restore safety and harmony for everyone.

I know that's why you posted here, looking for solutions because you aren't happy with the current situation, and neither are your silkies. Unfortunately, unlike human children, chickens can't be reasoned with and retrained. You can only manage their environment, but their behaviors are instinctual. Once a bully, always a bully.

IMHO, the troublemaker needs to go.
I know you’re right even if I don’t want to believe it. It’s breaking my heart but it’s not fair to the other silkies. thanks for giving me the truth

Seeing his photo as a tiny chick reminds me....
Among chicks, you'll find the cockerels are the ones who bravely come to the front to see what you have and to get attention. The girls tend to hide in the corner. He demanded to cuddle because he was claiming you from the get-go. It wasn't affection, as much as we humans want to think so; ....... it was dominance. I'm sorry.

Seeing his photo as a tiny chick reminds me....
Among chicks, you'll find the cockerels are the ones who bravely come to the front to see what you have and to get attention. The girls tend to hide in the corner. He demanded to cuddle because he was claiming you from the get-go. It wasn't affection, as much as we humans want to think so; ....... it was dominance. I'm sorry.
That’s fine but the girls did it too all my girls always cuddled

Back
Top Bottom