I don't know if fertile eggs have gone bad. HELP!

Moby-Duck

Chirping
Aug 9, 2019
HELP!

My duck has gone to nest, and I just candled them. It is around day 18. There is some blue discoloration on the egg, and I cannot see through it, except at the air sack, and a small crescent moon in the egg. There are weird circular things within the egg, and the crescent moon is spinning around as I move the egg. The also smell bad. Not like sulfur at all, but more of a sweet, pungent smell. Please help!

If it smells bad I would remove it before it explodes. How many eggs? Ducks have a longer incubation period depending on the breed ... I'm not familiar with ducks but lets ask some that are.

I do know for a fact, you do NOT want rotten egg to explode, aside from a mess, it spreads bacteria. You could do an eggtopsy on the bad eggs, wear gloves & mask.

:bow @Texas Kiki @Miss Lydia @casportpony :hugs

IMG_3897.JPG
IMG_3900.JPG
IMG_3900.JPG
IMG_3898.JPG
IMG_3899.JPG

An I am still wondering about the smell. It is very faint, and non sulfurous.

Duck eggs take 28 days to incubate. Those eggs don't look the best, but in my opinion duck eggs in a nest always stink. I call my ducks my little piggies. ;)

Okay. I also guess I forgot to mention that I am not tending the eggs. The mother is sitting on them, taking care of them. I really do not know how relevent this is, as this is the first time this has ever happend to me.

Wait and check them in a week see if there is anymore growth. Do you see any movement in them now? It might be a small movement, hold real still and watch if nothing turn the egg a little and watch again sometime you have to do that to catch movement

Back
Top Bottom