I don't know what this is?

1.Where did you find this egg?
2.Was it one that was in a hidden nest under some bushes or is it an egg from a regular nest box that you are certain was not there yesterday?
3.Was there a putrid odor to the dark mass? Did you try slicing it to see if it's layered?

1.Where did you find this egg?
2.Was it one that was in a hidden nest under some bushes or is it an egg from a regular nest box that you are certain was not there yesterday?
3.Was there a putrid odor to the dark mass? Did you try slicing it to see if it's layered?
It was not hidden it was a couple of other eggs in the nest box it doesn't smell bad it does look look layerd

It almost looks like a partially developed chick. Do you have any hens acting funny around the nesting area? Is a hen making more sound then usual? Very strange, it could also be a part of a hen.

I thought that too but it doesn't appear to be an embryo it more like a liver or something and its not an egg that has been sat on

I swear every day someone posts something that blows my mind... This is quite an interesting egg. Thank you for sharing and I hope you can find answers

The color is unusual. It's strange it doesn't smell bad. Usually dark matter inside an egg indicates bacterial contamination.

Eggs can pick up all sorts of weird stuff as they travel down the reproductive track. I've seen some pretty gross things in the nest box. A hens butt is capable of producing some very disgusting surprises.

I just hope this was an anomaly and not a sign of trouble in the egg factory.

Back
Top Bottom