i dont know what to do :(

I agree call the humane society or animal control.
Your friend is a compulsive collector of animals....
Some people collect things and others collect pets and then they can never take care of them.
You'd be doing a disservice to the animals not calling someone. You might save these animals lives!
somad.gif

If animal control won't help, call the Division of Wildlife. They will intervene because of the oppossum. Might get the AC spanked as well.
Carrie McLean

How old is your friend? You said she has a 19 y.o. brother. If she's under the age of 18, her mother is technically responsible for the animal(s). If that is the case, have a conversation iwith her in front of her mother, suggesting maybe the hen would enjoy the company of other chickens and offer to take her to your place. Maybe the mother will back you up.

Seriously, I can't even imagine that you would let the poor chicken remain over there. Since she's not home much, do some chicken-napping. Scatter some feathers in the yard and let her think something happened to it and find that poor girl a better home! Is there really a question in your mind about it?! And if she finds out? If she is such the animal lover that you say she is (more like a collector, actually), she will forgive you for caring and loving her chicken more than she could.

I would invite my neighbor over to see MY chickens. I would show her the run I built and how I have my coop set up, how I store my feed and mention where I get it, how cute they are when they play together.

Some people won't admit they need guidance. But she might take a hint or two from seeing it done right.

Good luck

Hey you guys---read her posts!--she has brought her friend over to see how her chickens are cared for, the neighbors have called animal control several times and nothing has come of it.

I don't have any answers for you, but it makes me ill how some people treat their animals. Like objects rather than living creatures with feelings and pain. Keep trying to get her to give you the hen--eventually she will tire of it. But be careful it has no diseases or bugs to give your chickens.

Here is what I would do, I would buy a bag of feed and take it to her, tell her you know she didn't want it but they had it on sale and bought extra. Some people have issues accepting things from people so they say No we don't need it, but if it's given to them like this would be, then it's easier for them to say Thank You!
Hopefully your caring attitude will help!!!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom