i dont know what to do :(

STEPHANIELAUREN

♥ Hatchaholic ♥
13 Years
Jun 19, 2009
Fort Myers, Fl
my best friend is an animal lover like me shes got 8 dogs 3 parrots, and a chinchilla, and thats just the legal pets. she also has a possum (she found it in her front yard when it was a baby and decided to keep it which makes me mad its a wild animal!) she also has 3 huge turtles she took from the pond behind her house. she used to have an armadillo in a large fish tank (it died hmm wonder why
hmm.png
) and she has a chicken just one its a hen and she keeps it in a tiny dog cage alone at night and lets it run around in her backyard during the day and guess what she feeds it because she certainly doesnt feed the poor girl chicken food... she feeds it SALT AND VINEGER CHIPS! she used to have 3 chickens but something got the other 2. i told her the poor thing needs better food, and a friend or else she will go crazy and die, and she said well i dont want anymore chickens, so i said ill take her shed fit in great here and have good food to run around and everything she said no i want my chicken and i said why you dont even pay attention to her! i told her at least let me give you one of my little pullets and buy you a bag of food for them and she refused! sorry for the long post im just so mad at her and i dont know what to do i was thinking maybe ill just kidnap the poor little thing and bring her to my place or something but if she ever found out shed kill me ughh i need advice
sad.png

I'm sorry. It seems your friend is more interested in her "collection" of animals than what's best for them. I don't think there's anything you can do, other than keep trying to get her to give you the hen. (if the poor thing makes it that long)

Oh, that's so said for the animals. Sometimes people confuse their intentions with their abilities. She may want to help the animals, but doesn't realize she isn't fully capable.

I'd keep trying. Maybe you could let her see how you take care of your animals. If she sees that her chicken could have better accommodations elsewhere she might reconsider.

If you really think the animals are suffering or are being mistreated, you may want to consider an anonymous call to animal control. Though, she may face fines.

She'll move on to the next fantastic thing before long and tire of the chicken.

Some people are pains like that. They don't want something until they find out that you might want it. Then, hang on to it like it is gold.

I hope, for the chicken's sake, you can get it.
fl.gif

Keep encouraging her to do the right thing. Explain why she needs better food and housing. It may take a while, but probably will eventually sink in. Some people just don't have any common sense about animals and need a little education. Good Luck!

thanks guys im really gunna start going over to her house more and helping her with the hen and playing with her the poor thing gets almost no human interreaction. shes helped me with my chickens enough to know how they should be housed and fed etc. the problem is that although shes the one that gets the animals shes like never home shes always at a different friends house so her mom that works 2 jobs and her lazy 19 year old brother are the ones that take care of the animals. and their neighbors have called animal control many times whenever they come out they just check to make sure theyve got food, water, and clean housing and they leave its so frustrating like i said shes my best friend but it really peaves me how she treats her animals =/

Back
Top Bottom