I don't think I am supposed to have Pheonix!

Quail_Antwerp

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs
11 Years
Aug 16, 2008
Ohio
Fynn, my 4 month old phoenix roo, passed away this morning.

Yesterday he got in with the goats and managed to get himself trampled. We were surprised because the chickens don't normally go in the goat's area, just around the pen and buildings.

We had found him, cleaned his wounds, and separated him from everyone else. I doctored up his own little quarters so he has plenty of food, water, and soft soft bedding.

This morning he was curled up in a corner and was gone. When my pullet had died at 2 weeks I grieved so hard that my mom replaced her for me with 2 pullets.

I can't, won't, replace Fynn. He was one of my favorites, and the Phoenix was the breed that intriqued me the most. I loved my Fynn!!

14550_fynn.jpg

I'm sorry for your loss.

Are you thinking about maybe keeping your flock in their run all the time now? That might be a tough decision to make if you enjoy free ranging...

The thing is, I just started free ranging not too long ago. I asked my husband if we could incorporate small wire around the goat pen so they can't get under the fencing in with the goats. He said he will check into it.

Today I only let out my buff orps and the Sussex. They don't like going near the goats, so they don't even go to that side of the property.

Back
Top Bottom