I don't think my automatic egg turner is working? Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Smokin Silkies, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Smokin Silkies

Smokin Silkies formerly browneyebuttafly

Mar 27, 2009
    Western, PA
    I have an LG still air bator. The automatic egg turner (6300) is broken I think. I know that it was working when I first started using it, and now...well? It seems that since yesterday it hasn't moved and Im not sure why. I am continuing to look at it often for movement, but if it has been not moving for days could my eggs be alright? I would be on day 11. It moves so slowly, its hard to tell. I tried to unplug it and plug it back in so maybe that will kinda 'restart' it. I can hear the motor running, so I know its on. Anybody else with this problem before, and what did you do to fix it? I just bought this brand new 2 weeks ago. Thanks

2. bumpershoot

bumpershoot Chillin' With My Peeps

I was thinking that if the motor was running it should be good.

3. Smokin Silkies

Mar 27, 2009
    Western, PA
    Its probably just my timing of looking at them? I check on them several times a day and maybe I'm just hitting the same 'time frame' and its in the same position...I hope. I'm checking every hour or less now to check for movement. Thanks

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I doubted my turner, so just for a while I checked it every 2 hours, making note of the angle. It was fine, it's because they move sooooo slowly. I also had a thermometer on top of the eggs- after 3 turns, it would be way down at the end.

5. Smokin Silkies

Mar 27, 2009
    Western, PA
    yeah, thats why its so hard to tell, because it does move so slow. If I check every hour I should be able to tell. If its not working, I guess I will have to take the eggs out of it and turn them myself. I also have 2 thermometers on the eggs. Cross my fingers I guess... [​IMG] Big question though....do you think my eggs will be alright if they were not turned in the last 2-3 days, if turner is broke? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by