I don't think my automatic egg turner is working? Any suggestions?

Smokin Silkies

formerly browneyebuttafly
11 Years
Mar 27, 2009
Western, PA
I have an LG still air bator. The automatic egg turner (6300) is broken I think. I know that it was working when I first started using it, and now...well? It seems that since yesterday it hasn't moved and Im not sure why. I am continuing to look at it often for movement, but if it has been not moving for days could my eggs be alright? I would be on day 11. It moves so slowly, its hard to tell. I tried to unplug it and plug it back in so maybe that will kinda 'restart' it. I can hear the motor running, so I know its on. Anybody else with this problem before, and what did you do to fix it? I just bought this brand new 2 weeks ago. Thanks

Its probably just my timing of looking at them? I check on them several times a day and maybe I'm just hitting the same 'time frame' and its in the same position...I hope. I'm checking every hour or less now to check for movement. Thanks

I doubted my turner, so just for a while I checked it every 2 hours, making note of the angle. It was fine, it's because they move sooooo slowly. I also had a thermometer on top of the eggs- after 3 turns, it would be way down at the end.

yeah, thats why its so hard to tell, because it does move so slow. If I check every hour I should be able to tell. If its not working, I guess I will have to take the eggs out of it and turn them myself. I also have 2 thermometers on the eggs. Cross my fingers I guess...
fl.gif
Big question though....do you think my eggs will be alright if they were not turned in the last 2-3 days, if turner is broke?
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom