I don't want my dog anymore . . .

Quote:
I have a hard time accepting that mini poodles and standard poodles are related in any way.

Have you met a standard poodle?

My standard poodle is a chicken killer. I just keep him away of the chickens. I had one come up missing one day and then seen him acting sick before I could get him outside. I found my missing chicken.
sickbyc.gif
But still love him
hugs.gif

Quote:
I have a hard time accepting that mini poodles and standard poodles are related in any way.

Yes I have, a black one, he was adorable and friendly but loves to do some "work" as a show dog. I like the standards better. Overall, I am not into poodles. And I am allergic to cats and dogs as well despite my love for Borzois and Collies and GSD.

Quote:

Yes I have, a black one, he was adorable and friendly but loves to do some "work" as a show dog. I like the standards better. Overall, I am not into poodles. And I am allergic to cats and dogs as well despite my love for Borzois and Collies and GSD.

I don't know what other dog breed I would choose if allergies weren't an issue. We landed on a standard poodle for very practical reasons. The list was short due to my allergies. Outside of allergies, I suspect I would have picked a different breed. However, I am so glad to know how wonderful these dogs are.

Hi my name is Zoidberg ( daddy named me)
38899_100_1054.jpg

yesterday I ATE a 7 year olds favorite doll. today I POOPED THE DOLLS HAND
I am now in the crate with my kong toy if I am not under direct supervision.
mom said I have to get off the computer she needs to type.

One month ago I had to put my Weim to sleep. he was a visitation dog. I have been taking our CHI and she does very well. she likes to cuddle on the beds with the patients. However for about two weeks now I have been dreaming about a dog. specifically a brownish STD poodle named Dashel Hammet.

Quote:
@Zoidberg
*everybody in unison*
Hi, Zoidberg. Thanks for sharing. Keep coming back!

@muddyhorse Does Dashel Hammet exist yet? Have you found him yet? Sounds like he is trying to find his way to you. (You might recognize him and distinguish him from other brown poodles by the chickens that ride on his back.)

Show us pics of Dashel Hammet when he arrives! (I'm sure he'll be just as ugly, stoopid, and dysfunctional as all the other poodles in this thread.)

Quote:
Oh I pity you, sweetie! We had a dog that was fussy like that, and it turned out it was dietary. Almost all commercial dog foods have corn or corn meal as one of their first 3 ingredients... and did you know that an estimated 1/4 to 1/3 of all canines are allergic to corn? It affects their behavior, and moreover, IT MAKES THEM RESTLESS AND SMELLY. It made me dog itchy, whiny, rolled around constantly, smelled badly, and was restless. When we found out (from a lady that runs a feed store) about corn allergies (and this was after spending about $450 at the vet, trying to find out what was wrong with our poor dog and why she was such a pain in the butt), we switched her food. She stopped whining/rolling around needlessly within 2 days. She started sleeping well & started acting like a dog again.

Maybe if the dog's internal system gets more in gear, you might have a less allergic response to him??

BTW, if you really hate him, let him eat the chocolate. It's deadly to dogs. (I'm joking... I mean yes, it is toxic to them, but I'm joking about letting him eat it to get rid of him... hehehe ...
smile.png

Last edited:
I grew up with SP's. We got a purebred mutt named Henri LeBlanc. He needed a wife and after much shopping my mother found a lovely ex=show dog named Michelle.

She had never had a haircut and the hair on her ears, topknot and shoulders was sooo long and sooo soft it should have been illegal. She had been raised in a crate (wire and wood back then.... pre plastic) and she didn't know what to do when she was out of the crate. To feed her you would have to put her ears up in a rubber band like a pony tail so they wouldn't get food on them and she would stand IN the crate and LEAN out of the crate to nibble her kibble. She had a lot of blue ribbons when we got her but we got her to be a wife to our other dog and she was s-t-u-p-i-d.

Can you imagine anything more annoying? Watching this goofy dog that didn't even know how to eat?

Then, after she had to get all of her hair cut off because her husband, the other stupid SP, had given her so many kisses and loved her so much that her long show hair had knotted together she never did learn what real dogs did. She always thought she was a people, just one of the family.

She loved iceburg lettuce (we didn't know there was other lettuce back then) and she loved dill pickles and she would run an obstacle course for a vanilla wafer. She loved crunchy food and would eat it WITH HER MOUTH OPEN so she could hear the crunch. Rude!

She didn't know she was a dog, or how to act when we got her and she NEVER figured it out all the years we had her.

Talk about stupid.

I sure do miss those guys.

Quote:
Oh I pity you, sweetie! We had a dog that was fussy like that, and it turned out it was dietary. Almost all commercial dog foods have corn or corn meal as one of their first 3 ingredients... and did you know that an estimated 1/4 to 1/3 of all canines are allergic to corn? It affects their behavior, and moreover, IT MAKES THEM RESTLESS AND SMELLY. It made me dog itchy, whiny, rolled around constantly, smelled badly, and was restless. When we found out (from a lady that runs a feed store) about corn allergies (and this was after spending about $450 at the vet, trying to find out what was wrong with our poor dog and why she was such a pain in the butt), we switched her food. She stopped whining/rolling around needlessly within 2 days. She started sleeping well & started acting like a dog again.

Maybe if the dog's internal system gets more in gear, you might have a less allergic response to him??

BTW, if you really hate him, let him eat the chocolate. It's deadly to dogs. (I'm joking... I mean yes, it is toxic to them, but I'm joking about letting him eat it to get rid of him... hehehe ...
smile.png

Thank you for your sincerity.

Actually, he is fed well. No corn, wheat, or -- hear this all BYCers -- NO CHICKEN!

He was restless because he has an ear bothering him. We suspected that last night and treated him for it, as well has "hand plucking" the hairs in his ears. Today he confirmed the ear problem by shaking his head repeatedly. Poodles are prone to ear problems, so we have to keep them clean and free of hair.

The only thing he seems to be fussy about is a pillow for his head. Not joking about this either. I almost took a picture last night just to show you folks. If he sleeps in "his" bed at some point tonight (rather than in bed with my daughter), I will take a picture of him and his pillow -- which happens to be any pillow he steals from me and drags to his bed.

Back
Top Bottom