I dont want your eggs they are nasty GRAPHIC Video LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I would love to see videos or photos of all this. How about providing some proof so that we can fairly judge? I would love to see battery cages that give the chicken a decent life. It would give me hope for the egg industry.

Hi there! I would be happy to email my professor for the link on youtube. My computer lost its ability to produce sound for some reason so I havent bothered going on youtube lately. As for photos of the layer house at the school, I wont do that because even though the place is as clean as can be, there are people that will make it seem like hell and I wont do that to my professor. She's a great lady and I wouldnt want her to be attacked for going by the rules.

Preppy, I totally agree with you. That was a biased comment and I apologize for making it.

Im not sure where else I was addressed so Im going to skim through and come back with more replies!

Quote:
I totally agree.

And might I add that I am quite impressed? I can't talk and type at the same time!
gig.gif

Ahh, this one made me laugh!
lol.png

I can be talking on the phone, texting and IMing people on AIM and hardly miss a beat. Im one messed up kid!
tongue2.gif

Last edited:
Robin'sBrood :

Quote:
AND as food for HUMAN consumption!
sickbyc.gif

Actually, I don't think battery hens are ever used for our (human's) food.​

Quote:
AND as food for HUMAN consumption!
sickbyc.gif

Actually, I don't think battery hens are ever used for our (human's) food.

It was mentioned in the video linked in the OP... said they're used for animal food AND for human consumption in soups, etc. (Campbell's Cream of Chicken soup immediately came to mind.
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
)

Hold on, I'll watch the video again and edit this with where it is mentioned...

edited to add...

5:40 - 5:53... "After 18 months of productivity surviving hens are sent to slaughter, entering our food chain as animal feed. Or processed for human consumption in soups and prepared foods."

Geeze, I feel sick!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really wish the person that posted she would not eat fertilized would see this video. That is what I want to eat, an egg full of antibiotics.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did research years ago on commercial foods.....got very grossed out and I have never eated meat from a grocery store since OR eggs! I will only eat what we (or someone we know) grow or food my husband kills. I never buy anything from a can either! If it isn't home grown/canned....my family isn't going to eat it
smile.png

Quote:
One thing should be said about Layers however.

For the first 12 weeks of their lives...they are housed in a poultry house and are allowed to roam freely within the house. Roosts are provided as well.

After 12 weeks, they are removed and a lighting schedule is done. So, in essence, they are not inside of the caging system for their entire lives.

Aw! Now you're just splitting hairs!
big_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom