I don't what no more.

chicken500

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 25, 2009
I don't want anymore chickens, At first everything was easy there was no parasites, there was no anger, and there was no saddness but several months later mites came and soon followed anger after that came saddness and at this very moment I'm crying because I can't take it no longer, I don't want to get rid of my chickens there all I really got but these mites just don't want to leave and there all over me, I can't take this no longer, I don't want to get rid of my best friends but this anger is hurting both of us, saddness for I can't help it but there part of my life. I must get rid of my chickens for the good of me but I'm not selfish, I know my chickens will suffer if I sell them to the feed store. I just don't know what to do............... I'm lost in a emotional storm.
What should I do?
My chickens are as follow:
Charmy-Rosster
Storm-Rosster
Lightning-Rosster
Kotie the 3rd- My favorite and very first hen.
Shine-Hen
Aura-Hen
Aqua-Hen
Sora & her 4 chicks- My favorites
Lura- Broody hen

Well thats all of them, so I've decided that anybody from here wants all or just one from here for free they can come and pick them up. **edited to remove personal info**

I'm not kidding please save my chickens and you will make me very happy for the rest of my life, you have until Sunday, easter day.

Please I beg of you, I can't take it no longer and I wish I had a Camera but I don't have one.

Please.

Last edited by a moderator:
All you need to do is sprinkle some Diatomaceous Earth around where the chickens live, and it will kill the mites, along with other pests...easy as that!!

I wouldn't put my address on here, even though we are typically good folks. You may have somebody show up and take what they want.

Mites are an easy thing to control. It will take a little of your time and a little money, but once you get a treatment going, they will be fine.

Do you know what kind of mites they have?? It should be easy to treat... But with mites--just as lice on humans...You have to treat their surrounds as well.. That means--roosts, nest boxes, dust spots. Ask at the feed store, agri supply places..treat EVERYTHING and your birds and use DE under the shavings, in the nestboxes and in their dust spots as a perventive step. Good luck..Dixie

Quote:
Walla!
clap.gif

This won't be removed as it is a chance to educate.
smile.png

Part of chicken owning is dealing with mites, etc.
What I did when I had chickens (and will again when I get more) is to follow a regular schedule of dusting.
Every 6 months we dust with Poultry Dust, then once a month or so in between, we dust with diatomaceous earth.

Please don't give up over something that will take an hour or less to do each month or 2.
It can be very disheartening when facing something new and yes, icky like mites, but the rewards are immense with just a simple remedy.

Keep your chin up and please keep with it.

Back
Top Bottom