I feel really stupid.

When DH built my run he made it so that it will lock when closed- Guess what- I locked myself in and had to go through the duck door to their house, which thankfully was unlocked as I could find myself locked in there as well. If I had to guess it would be a LONG time before DH figured out I was missing! Glad that your family found you.

That made me laugh.
lol.png

Quote:
I have two muscovy's and they follow me everywhere. My drake is two years old and I raised him from a duckling so he loves to be around me. The second duck is only two months old and she follows the drake everywhere, so when he is following me, she is following as well. The easiest way to get ducks to like you is treats and love. Mealworms are the snack of choice for my ducks. If yours run when you try to go near them, sit down and put a little bit of food infront of you. If you are being still they will come over to eat. Just keep doing that untill they realize you are not a threat.

I agree - mealworms are the key. Peas work as well. I go into the run with a handful of either and I have 3 mallards and a rouen all competing to get into my lap. Be the treat provider and you will have duck love forever....
love.gif

lau.gif
Gotta laugh because this post brought back memories of the day a pigeon loft door blew shut behind me and the lock latched. Hardware cloth is great at keeping predators out. It is equally good at keeping people in. Try picturing me raising my leg 4' off the ground to kick part of the wire out so that I could unlock the door. (I'm only 5' 7" tall.) My language used to evaluate myself can not be shared.
lol.png

The screen on the window right next to the door on my coop is sliced. Yep....I locked myself in when I accidentally pulled the door shut while I was feeding last year. Luckily I keep a small razor cutter hanging on a peg to cut feed bags. I sliced the screen along the edge and reached through to open the latch. I never bothered to fix it, probably because I've used it at least 5 more times to let myself out!
lau.gif
We all do it, just figure out an escape route for next time!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Well, I locked myself in my horse trailer changing clothes at a show this year...didn't realize the bolt on my front door was so tight, I couldn't release it from inside and had nothing solid to whack at it with! Time for some WD-40!

Omg I'm glad you're ok and not frozen and I'm sorry I'm laughing this hard.
lau.gif

You said there's a camera in there? PLEASE tell me you had it recording and not just streaming!
fl.gif

gig.gif
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom