I feel sick.... the birds are missing..

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
I went out to check on everyone just a bit ago and Izzy, my WC Goose hen was making a lot of noise so after looking around I realized Owen, her mate, was missing! They got seperated the other day, but only by a field & they were freakign out because they couldnt see eachother. Well today Izzy is the only one making noise and I can't see Owen anywhere, even after running all over the fields and creek.

To make things worse, 3 of my Muscovy hens are also missing!!!! my 2 blue fawns & my favorite lilac girl
hit.gif

I couldn't find any feathers anywhere either so i am REALLY hoping that they're all 4 together off screwing around. I have been Very lucky this year with my birds and only had a couple losses... I really don't wanna lose 4 more!!!
hit.gif

These are one of those rare times that I wished Muscovies quacked.

Last edited:
oh my gosh... no sooner did i finish submitting this post than Fatty (i didn't realize he was missing too!!) & one of the Blue fawn girls came strolling out of the back field!! thank God. That means there's still owen & 2 girls missing now though
fl.gif

There is a good chance that the rest of the missing are in that back field also. If they were "strolling" acting calm then there's a pretty safe bet that nothing is amiss. It is nerve wracking, though, when you're unsure where they are off to..... ahhh, the joys of free ranging.
wink.png

After doing a second search along the creek I found the rest fo the Muscovy girls back in a newly cleared area(thanks to the cows). Very happy they're all safe.

Owen is still missing and this worries me a lot... him & Izzy are inseperable, especially since the hormones have really kicked in. when they were seperated the One time they were both freaking out.
sad.png

Owen didn't come home and while fixing some of the fence we discovered some white feathers way in the back field
sad.png
I don't know hwo there wasn't any up closer to the house or coop... or even the creek. I just don't get it.

I posted a "want" ad on Cl today for a Gander for Izzy, she's still been honking for him all day. She's so lost she has even started coming up closer to me and let me pick her up and sat on my lap for a few minutes today without fuss. It really sucks losing my boy but i can't even imagine how sad Izzy is without him.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom