I figured it out!

Quote:
More like seven. We processed ours at seven weeks and got good sized birds.

Sure, but the range can easily go up to 8-9 weeks and either way, 13 pounds of feed for the entire time....Doesnt sound right.

Quote:
That thread confirmed the poundage of feed per bird/weight. I'm not sure what I'm missing? Plus, several other threads in the last several weeks said their birds ate between 12-14 pounds of feed to slaughter/processing time.

I guess I"ll just have to take good notes and keep track!

Someone in that thread said they had 23 birds and at 7 weeks they were eating 100 pounds of feed a day. Thats just over 4 pounds of feed a day. Guess thats why I dont understand 13 pounds of feed TOTAL for the entire 7-8 weeks.

I Will keep track of my feed as well since my meaties will be the only ones eating the 24% it wont be hard to keep track. I will start right now. I have 2 bags of 24% that are 50 pounds. I have 9 chicks right now that are a week old tomorrow and more coming on Friday so I will have a exact number in a few days.

Trust me, If what you are saying is correct, 13 pounds of feed per bird total...That means I will only have to buy 325 pounds of feed total for 25 birds. Thats 6 1/2 bags of food. So that will be soooo cool. I will keep track..

Maybe we can continue to compair numbers along the way???

I would geuss the quality of free range avaiable may enter into these numbers? I know mine are chowing down on some very high protien in the pasture...alfalfa, timothy, birdsfoot trefoil, clover....

Quote:
They said per week
smile.png
So for them that is about 4 pounds per bird per week. Which does seem a little high compared to everyone else's postings.

Quote:
I raised 67 birds to seven weeks on 16 bags of 20% Grower Ration. Netted around 5lbs per bird. That's just under 12lbs of feed per bird. I'm glad I didn't buy the 20#'s per bird in a bulk order that I had been considering.

Back
Top Bottom