1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

i finally did it!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by stumble_n_mumble, Mar 13, 2009.

1. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    i finally built my coop!! it is pretty great i think.. im looking for some feed back. it is 4 feet wide 4 feet tall and 8 feet long. it is very solid. i have that hardwire cloth stuff on the floor of the cage and on the top and chicken wire all around the sides including the door. the little coop house is something i found at my job the door slides closed and has a very heavy roof. this cage is going to house a pekin duck and a silkie chicken. i think it will be fine lol

back of run:
    [​IMG]
    the door on the right fully opens:
    [​IMG]
    the side of the run with my silkie in it. and my pugs trying to get her lol:
    [​IMG]
    this is the house i found:
    [​IMG]

2. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    Hey I think that looks great. Are you going to paint the coop after you fix the roof?[​IMG]

3. stumble_n_mumble

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    yeah i hope to when the warm weather comes.. for now i think it will be fine because i have them inside since they were born and now their 25 weeks old... they NEED to get outside asap lol

4. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    looks good, [​IMG]

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Looks great!!! Looking forward to more pics. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Nice job it looks great

7. Chauntecleer's Keeper

Chauntecleer's Keeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    West Little Rock, AR
    Great job.

8. stumble_n_mumble

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    hey guys, i live on long island. i live out east. do you think i have to really worry about raccoons and things when i've never seen them. and do you think my cage will/should keep everything out???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by