I finally got more Golden Sebright, but I have a question.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Sebrightmom, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Sebrightmom

Sebrightmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Greencastle, IN
    I am so excited. I finally found some Golden Sebrights after looking for months. I got my Golden Sebright hen at TSC this spring. Since then, I have been looking for more of them. I was at an auction last night. A group of people were standing around talking about chickens. I told them I was looking for some Golden Sebrights. A woman (who happens to be my Mother's cousin) said she had three hens and a rooster she would sell me. I went there tonight and picked them up. I don't think they are as pretty as my first hen, but then I love her so much. I do have a question about the rooster. He isn't as golden as the girls. All of the Golden Sebrights rooster that I have seen online look like the hens. Please let me know what you think.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here are pictures of the girls. The last one is back is my first hen.
    [​IMG]
    Here are the three new girls.
    [​IMG]

2. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

The males should be hen feathered with just a larger comb to tell the sexes apart. But this is pretty common in non show quality birds.

3. Sebrightmom

Jun 26, 2008
    Greencastle, IN
    I am wanting to raise them to show down the road. I guess I need to get a better rooster. Thanks

4. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Keep your eyes peeled on eggbid.com I see lots of golden sebrights on there

5. fancyfowl4ever

fancyfowl4ever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Cranbrook, BC, Canada
    The hens are definitly purebreds, but pet quality ones. The roo on the other hand is no doubt a crossbreed.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  6. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Yea, the rooster is a mixed breed.

7. Sebrightmom

Jun 26, 2008
    Greencastle, IN
    I will be working on better hens and finding a better rooster. There aren't any Sebright breeders around me. The only place I have found to get them is at a hatchary. Does anyone know where I can get show quality ones? I want ones that will be good to show at the county fair.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by