I finally registered, Hello!

R Zoo

In the Brooder
May 16, 2015
I have been on this site for months and I finally registered. It all started with a few baby chicks from our local store to take into my preschool class. They were going to go live at my sister's farm...... now we have 5 six week old girls and 5 five day old fluffy butts, AND a huge coop project. We are having a blast!!!!

We are a blended family from Billings, MT. We have been married for 3 years and have 3 kids and 3 dogs, one that is a shitzu mix and a chicken killer :( We found out the hard way. That is why we have the new babies that I ordered on My Pet Chicken (thanks for the advice).

This site has been a life saver, literally even. We looked up how to help one of our girls when she was about a week old and pretty droopy. She snapped out of it and is my daughter's favorite.

THANKS FOR BEING HERE!!

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. :eek:) Thanks for posting the cute pick. Your daughter is very pretty. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your chicks.

Welcome to Backyard chickens - glad you joined the flock
celebrate.gif

Hi, welcome to BYC!

Nice photo of your daughter and chick, thanks for sharing. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

It's nice to have you join us!

welcome-byc.gif
glad you decided to join us.

So sorry about your losses. It is hard to lose any and losing them because of your own dog must have been devastating. It's a hard lesson to learn, but I am certain you will make sure your dog can never again access the flock.

Good luck with all.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom