I finally snapped !

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Sierra pachie bars, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Sierra pachie bars

Sierra pachie bars Queen of the Lost

Nov 8, 2008
    My brother in law decided to call today and say he was on his way to come get eggs. They came in and my husbands brothers wife started yelling at me. She is a loud mouth and yells at everyone, everyone always just backs down and ignores her. So I finally snapped and told her where to go. And let me tell you it felt soooooo GOOD ! I might be sick but it finally feels good to get the foot prints off my back. [​IMG]

I know two wrongs don't make a right but I finally spoke up for myself ! And I can assure you she will never yell and try to get in my face again.[​IMG]

2. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I beg to differ, sometimes two wrongs makes everything right, especially when the first wrong is an overbearing loudmouth. You did good. If she needs another tuneup, send her over to my place! [​IMG]

3. mwdh1

mwdh1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Indiana
    [​IMG] You did the right thing.

4. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    I don't agree with your two wrongs statement.... SHE was wrong....YOU were right. Where's the second wrong in there? While yelling at someone may be considered wrong to some, if it is to stand up for yourself and tell someone that you will no longer take their abuse (even if it includes where to go! [​IMG] )...then that makes it right in my mind. You probably would have talked nicer if it'd made a difference, but we all know those type of people...yelling back is the only way to get the point across. So, to sum it up.... YOU GO GIRL! [​IMG] Glad to see your backs wiped clean! [​IMG]

5. Chicksdigit

Chicksdigit Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2009
    Tool, Texas
    She came over to get your eggs and then started yelling?........your eggs Not only would I have yelled back but I might not have given them eggs. The audacity of some people.

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Chickensdigit, I totally agree with you. Great job you did! [​IMG]

7. Sierra pachie bars

Sierra pachie bars Queen of the Lost

Nov 8, 2008
    Oh no she got no eggs. She is the one I told you about a bit ago who asked like my chickens had cooties. They left with no eggs. And they won't be getting any in the future. Family is family. But when my husbands brother married her nobody was happy. We tried to deal with it but shes just one of those that is always rude and mouthy. She was on bridezilla too. And let me tell you it was a nightmare !! Her step mother does the voice for the show. She treated me so poorly and even at the wedding sat me away from the entire family. My one sister in law was so mad she refused to let me sit at that one table , making me sit with her at the family table. She also had my husband sit with the groom party away from me. I was seated with strangers alone. I was really upset but worked out thanks to my one sister in law. I have really tried to get alone with Charlene but she's just really a pain. We just don't blend I guess. She was yelling because I said I was not sure they would come because sometimes they say they will come and never make it. I was nice but she just went off and was walking to get in my face. I moved my hand as to tell her to stop but she kept coming. I was not feeling well so I just put her in her place she made me so mad. I was so tired of her pushing people around.. My kids all saw it and told me good job. lol. I told them that isnt how adults should act but she did come into my home and was yelling at me. Ahh well. [​IMG]

8. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    Kinda the emotional equivalent of popping your back when it's stiff?

I did that once with my MIL. Felt so good! We get on OK, but we're very different people.

Maybe you should get her a fake charm school gift certificate. Send her to Barbie Boot Camp for a vacation.

9. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    Its never wrong to speak the truth. You dont allow people to treat you like crap. Thats what suckers do. Loving someone and being loving doesnt mean being a sap. You can tell her the truth, what you'll allow, and then let her deal with whatever she wants to do with it.

i dotn let people like that do whatever they want. I married into a family who had a tyrant as a patriarch. I'll tell you what, he tried that once with me, and it was taken. He tried it twice and i just tried to be nice, but the third time I let him have it. And you can bet i was ready to butt heads any time after that.

but i was more than willing to lay down arms and be family.

Took a few years, but now we're thick as thieves.

Dont take abuse from people.

10. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    It sounds to me as if you spoke to her in the only way she would understand. Maybe she'll think twice before she tries to push you around again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by