I finally started!!! Pixs!

Looking great! We used that 4 inch on center siding too. Man, its expensive stuff. Next time, (if we ever expand our flock) we will use OSB.

NICE. Cant wait to see the finished coop!!

thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
What are the dimensions? How many hens are you going to have? My Hub and I built a coop 6 X 4 and 6' high so I can stand up in it to clean it. I'll send pics along when I finish it. Mine is treated plywood and 2 X 4's with the polywall interior so I can hose it out. Still need to put the nest boxes and roosts in. Finish the chicken door and run. The work never ends does it?

The coop is inside, so I'm not staining it yet. Since we have a cabin the coop is going to be stained to match it (minus the log siding) and shingled with a couple of left over packs.

My father built the whole thing for me, so all the carpentry is him.
smile.png
I can barely handle the nail gun. Too loud!

We ordered 8 hens, but aren't expecting to have them all in a year. The coop is 8ft by 4 ft, (approximately...) and is about 4-5ft tall. It will be off the ground of course and so the nest boxes will be perfect height for egg collecting and cleaning. The chickens will also have a 8x10 or bigger run.
We hope they'll like it!!! It will be entirely predator proof, but still, there are some resourceful critturs around here.

Back
Top Bottom