I FINISHED NEW SILKIE HOUSE!!!

How much are you charging to build them? My husband has family in Florida near the Swanee river. Do we need to be making a trip?
big_smile.png

Quote:
You know, the funny thing is I don't know what I would charge. I was asked that a few times, and since I built it out of scrap, I am not sure what it would cost me to build it. I need to sit down and figure it out. Maybe I'll look online and see if I can find something comparable. It also will depend on the size too. Mine is 4'x4' and 5' tall, with 3 - 12"x12" nesting boxes on the backside. What would you think would be a fair price for something like this? I guess I mean, what would you pay for a coop like it. Because I am really not sure. Maybe I will ask opa... he builds coops for people. He would know.

Last edited:
Quote:
i dunno but when you look at the cost of buying all the materials new, plus an hourly rate for you (how much would you want / expect to earn per hour doing this?) you start to realise why manufactured coops are so expensive.

gorgeous coop btw
thumbsup.gif

How many silkies do you house in this? I also have a 4 x 4 coop, 6' tall (not even close to as adorable as yours!) housing a breeding pair of silkies and want to add another hen to this group. Can three live comfortably in a 4 x 4 with attached run?

Back
Top Bottom