Relocating Chickens - Tips? Boredom Busters?

SageFay

In the Brooder
Aug 12, 2023
Hi all,

Our summer project new coop is finally finished (yay!!), but I didn't realize how stressful the move would be for the flock and for me! I have done my research and looks like they need to be locked in the coop itself for at least 3 days to realize it is home. No problem, it is big enough for them all, but they are already bored and picking on eachother.

Any relocation tips or boredom buster suggestions??

Thanks!!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-28 at 10.24.07 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-28 at 10.24.07 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot 2023-09-28 at 10.24.23 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-28 at 10.24.23 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
Is there a run or do you usually free range?
I don't see feed and water in there?
I see a hanging apple, do they like that?
Maybe spread some scratch grains on the floor?

Is there a run or do you usually free range?
I don't see feed and water in there?
I see a hanging apple, do they like that?
Maybe spread some scratch grains on the floor?
Yes there is a fully fenced in run and they have a free ranging area, but I am worried about letting them out in the next 3 days and not being able to get them back in at night.

They have feed and water! I took a nice video but couldn’t upload for some reason.

It’s my first time trying a hanging apple and they were curious but not super into it. I’ve thrown them some scratch but I don’t want them getting fat in 3 days lol

If it's for 3 days they should be ok, even if they're a little antsy by the end. Some extra treats are also ok during this period since again, it's just 3 days. Usually my birds would get a treat block if they needed to be kept in for a period of time.

Back
Top Bottom