I forgot how good it feels to be in a saddle again.....

More pics
smile.png

54632_dusty5.jpg

And a prime example of why it's important to take good pictures to compare. Needless to say, I can see why he wasn't the most memorable horse when she took this, the first time she saw him:

54632_dustybad.jpg

She's having the vet do a prepurchase with flexion tests and a couple x-rays. She also showed me another horse she liked, but when she rode him, he was pretty sore. The owners had reset his shoes a few days before. She also had a bit of a time riding him, more of her inexperience with a trained reiner, and he would get frustrated. I could see why she really liked his looks - he's got some TB up close, and well, he looks like a TB with the bulk of a QH. Just gotta get her to appreciate the cowpony look!
big_smile.png

IDK, I think he's pretty.

My first (and best ever) horse was a thick necked, hatchet-headed, posted legged QH. Jackpot may not have been the prettiest horse ever, but he had a heart of gold. Dependable, honest, hard working, patient with a wickedly funny sense of humor.

Your mom has found a keeper that will worm his way into her heart and never leave it or break it. Before too long, he will be the prettiest thing she's ever seen. Trust me, I've been there.

Spectacular find!!

I think when he sheds out and gets some gloss on him, he will be prettier. In the shots with the guy riding him, he looks good to me. I think safe and sane goes a whole lot further than pretty.

I think your mom found a winner, especially after the last one.

He's beautiful. I don't know why anyone would think he wasn't
idunno.gif

I'm a TB/Warmblood person & I still think he lovely. Such a nice color with white markings. Not even plain. He's not elegant & dainty but he's not supposed to be, he's a working quarter horse. He wouldn't last a week in reining with a TB conformation. The right tool for the job saying applies here.

Back
Top Bottom