I forgot how to tell if an egg is fertile or not by candling it before putting it in the incubator?

I agree, you either have to test crack one open or incubate it and see if it develops.
With shipped eggs, they are often candled before they go in the incubator to check the condition of the air cell.
Good luck! 😊
the thing for me is that i only have 5 that were shipped and not cracked...the rest fo the 6 were cracked and tossed out

I recall seeing a post about candling eggs before placing them in the incubater. If this is true, can someone guide me on this? Thank you! :)
It is possible, but it's a challenge to spot the little dot through the eggshell.

What I do now is I place the eggs in the incubator, wait one day, & check. There should be a change in the yolk color, & a reddish orange circle on the yolk, which is where the embryo will start growing from.

It is possible, but it's a challenge to spot the little dot through the eggshell.

What I do now is I place the eggs in the incubator, wait one day, & check. There should be a change in the yolk color, & a reddish orange circle on the yolk, which is where the embryo will start growing from.
Yeah i had to put mine in the incubator for 2 days and then see

I agree, you either have to test crack one open or incubate it and see if it develops.
With shipped eggs, they are often candled before they go in the incubator to check the condition of the air cell.
Good luck! 😊

Back
Top Bottom