I found a bird egg in my backyard. What do i feed the hatchling?

It's most likely a pigeon or dove egg as lorikeets nest high in tree hollows so a fallen egg would most likely be damaged. but if you do hatch a lorikeet from personal experience it's best to start with a 50/50 mix of hand rearing formula and lorikeet wet mix. at about 6 weeks start to decrease the amount of hand rearing formula that's used until it's just the lorikeet wet mix, you can also start offering the wet mix still in the dish to see if it's interested in self feeding a bit. 7 weeks start offering dry lorikeet mix, fruits, veggies and native flowers.

It's most likely a pigeon or dove egg as lorikeets nest high in tree hollows so a fallen egg would most likely be damaged. but if you do hatch a lorikeet from personal experience it's best to start with a 50/50 mix of hand rearing formula and lorikeet wet mix. at about 6 weeks start to decrease the amount of hand rearing formula that's used until it's just the lorikeet wet mix, you can also start offering the wet mix still in the dish to see if it's interested in self feeding a bit. 7 weeks start offering dry lorikeet mix, fruits, veggies and native flowers.
Thank you sooooo much! :bow

Back
Top Bottom