1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

i found a nest!!!...UPDATED...BABIES

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by duck&chickencrazy, May 7, 2009.

1. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    well my birds normally roam free when i let them out and then just go in the shed when it gets dark and i shut them in so they are safe...then i noticed about a week ago that one of my mallard hens went missing and i didnt see her when i shut everybody in for the night...i was really sad and i thought that something had probably gotten her...but then after not seeing her for 2 days i see 2 mallards instead of only one...so i am glad to see her but again she is not in the shed at night so i hadnt seen her for a couple days but then yesterday i saw her again and when i waited until she started walking away and i followed her...she led me right to the nest...she had a nest under our horse tack shed...right in the middle of it...so theres no way i could reach them...so i will just have to wait to see how many babies she has...

and my guess is that she is on day 7-10

now i cant wait for them to hatch [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2009
  2. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    how exciting!!!!

3. EricShane

EricShane Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    SouthWestern Ohio
    wow thats awesome!

4. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Keep us updated!

5. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    THEY HATCHED!!!!! so i got home tonight and my sister comes running up to me and is like the ducks hatched...and i was soo happy...she hatched out 13 beutiful little ducklings...10 look like mallards and 3 look like blue swedes....will post pics soon!!!!

I am soo excited... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. RuffTuffCreampuff

RuffTuffCreampuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Gainesville, Texas
    [​IMG]

7. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    YAY congrats! Now can't wait for pics... come on, little duckie family, get to posing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by