I found the Coop I want so badly, Attn: VA

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Chiefs Mess, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Chiefs Mess

Chiefs Mess Out Of The Brooder

Feb 1, 2007
    Ok not sure if this should be under this topic or a different one. Sorry Mods if I posted in the wrong topic.

Well, Hubby and I were driving on Rt 460 near or in Bedford VA. Stopped to look at a camper but they had this AWESOME coop. I personally do not think the price was not bad at all, wish I had the money right now. Boy if I did it would be sitting in my yard now.
    Sorry rambling
    Anyways it was 8x10 - Walk in had the front wired from the coop itself so you can store feed or seperate little ones from the big guys - on one side the floor is wired with roosting poles so the dropping will go to the ground, best part for little money more not much they can make it a tractor coop - other side where they lay the eggs had it made so the eggs would roll down so you can get them from outside - All along you can walk through this coop without bending - oh did I mention ventilation

Sad part I searched on line for this company who made this, somewhere in VA. Pearsville if I remember. Cannot find nothing. I just wanted to see if they make a smaller on. In our County anything 8x10 or up will be taxed. Does anyone around that area seen this Coop? If so do you know who build these coops. Is there such a place Pearsville, if so where is it. I am wondering about the delivery charges, I am East about 1 1/2 away from Bedford.

I am gonna play the lottery, keeping the fingers crossed to win at least most of the price of the coop. It is next to my dream chicken coop. The first one we would have to build it is like the one down the road where I grew up in NJ.

If any Virginians out there can help it would be greatly appreciated.

2. angry gary

angry gary Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2011
    Front Royal, Va
    you are probably thinking pearisburg, va. north of radford and christiansburg, va off of interstate 81

AG

3. pusskatkins

pusskatkins Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2010
    Virginia
    Maybe it's a Leonard Building. I have seen their chicken coop on the lot in the Roanoke store. They have one near Blacksburg and Lynchburg. Maybe they are assembled in Pearisburg. A few months ago I had purchased a large shed and believe the delivery cost was $100, but don't quote me on that. I converted mine into a coop because I had a specific design in mind. Try browsing their website, maybe you will locate it. Good Luck!
    http://www.leonardusa.com/

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by