I found them! I FOUND THEM!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Queen of the Lilliputians, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    For the first time photographed and online:

Lady Jane:
    [​IMG]

and her boyfriend Rocky B.:
    [​IMG]

WOOHOO! After an exhaustive search, I finally was able to track down a breeder for the blue splash d'Anvers!!! This was the last pair she had, since she will no longer be breeding/showing them. She did have an unbelievable assortment of all the other types of d'Anvers, though (74 birds in all). I paid more than I care to admit, but am SO VERY glad to have them here!! The funniest part is that I was so desperate I was firing off e-mails to every corner of this country (and last night even considered looking overseas, but figured shipping costs would be astronomical), and when I finally tracked them down they were 1/2 an hr away from me! They are resting comfortable right next to me, so I can keep an eye on them tonight. Tomorrow I come up with accomodations for the next few weeks.

Moral of the story: If you want a specific kind, keep looking. I tracked her down through someone else that breeds d'Anvers.. amazing really.
    And if you breed and sell, make sure your name is on-line somewhere. Otherwise, how can people find you?!

-Meghan

2. peepkeeper

peepkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2007
    upstate New York
    They are gorgeous! Congrats! [​IMG]

3. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    OMG...... They are beautiful, Congratulations on finding them [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Beautifull birds!! Glad you was able to find them. Sometimes it doesnt matter the price, if its something you really want. Congrats!

5. TxChiknRanchers

TxChiknRanchers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    OK The birds are beautiful and I am glad you found them...................That being said, You really gotta take those sheets outa the dryer sooner! [​IMG]

6. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    LOL! That was for photographic affect...

Actually... you caught me. I'm lacksidaisical to say the least. Still waiting for the maid to show up (you know, the one I hired 6 years ago, when I first had kids?!!). I even told my dh he could have a girlfriend as long as she does laundry and dishes..

-Meghan

7. nccatnip

nccatnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    Quote:Can you really import birds/eggs from overseas?

8. Sherriekim

Sherriekim Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Southwest Idaho
    Hi Meghan, regarding your post about not caring if DH had a girlfriend as long as she did the laundry and the dishes...too funny and I'm so with you on that! Told my DH something along the same lines and he immediately came back with, "yea, and you can have a boyfriend as long as he pays half the bills!" [​IMG]

9. TxChiknRanchers

TxChiknRanchers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    Quote:Its OK, send em over here and I will get the DW to iron them for you !..............Uhhhhh never mind here she comes and I'm supposed to be ironing not on the puter! [​IMG]

10. Those are such darling birds!
    And since blue and splash are my favorite colors, I'd say "Ya done good!".
    Great story [​IMG]

Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by