I gathered up the excess males today

FloorCandy

Crowing
Apr 15, 2020
I went out with my bug net to rustle me up some males haha. I have 9 left in the grow out, 6 tuxes, 3 scarlets. I have banded 3 of the males already, both of the pharaoh tuxes I had left were males, the last one was crowing for the previous round up and I had hoped one of these 2 was a hen. This makes every single wild pattern bird I’ve raised (excepting the sex link Egyptians) male. It’s fine haha.

So at nearly 9 weeks I fished out 4 males, and 3 definite females who look like they’ve been laying but I see no eggs, so I gotta move some stuff and see what’s going on, there’s probably some gross eggs hidden somewhere. 2 of the scarlets have very small vents, no foam, no bulge, so they are probably females, but I guess they could still surprise me.

After I had my bin of boys, I realized, if these hens are laying, I need those eggs to fill my new incubator, because half my gals are molting and I get like 6-8 eggs per day. How will I fill 110 slots with those numbers haha? I have 3 boys and 15 hens in the main pen, and it’s getting a bit cramped, so I decided to put my favorite boy back into the grow out and hope he makes some chicks before I need to cull him.

I really like him, and he whisper crows. if all the hens lay blue I might keep him and cull his dad.
I call him Dirty Harry, those feathers on his lower belly are Orange, it isn’t stained.
19208DE4-7AC8-4E70-A2FB-1F452BD4EF53.jpeg
CBC097E4-28CC-4DDB-9347-D21221AE550A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom