I GIVE UP-7 hens-40-1 wk old chicks-all to a good home-FREE NE Indiana

samuels

In the Brooder
12 Years
Sep 10, 2007
I have had problems with my 7 brown egg layers (1 year old) hens pecking at each other. I just can't seem to solve the problem and can't really stand watching this go on. They are all still in good health. I just got in the mail (1 week ago) about 40 chicks (mixed brown egg layers) and they are all doing really well. As much as I hate to give this new hobby up, I feel I just can't cope with this pecking problems of the hens. I fear the new chicks might end up doing the same. Sooo, all of them free to a good home. I live in NE Indiana about 30 miles west of Ft Wayne. This is a sad day for me but maybe you can have better luck.

sorry I can't get any but mabe before you give it up try getting a rooster or 2 that somtimes helps with pecking are you giving them proper food and are they crowded?

Good Luck
Henry

Do they have enough space? I could pay for shipping on the chicks if you want to ship them. Thanks Kari

I'm really sorry you're frustrated about the pecking. There are certain reasons for this behaviour, --more protein needed in their diets, bored, crowded, etc. I truly hope you can overome this and start to enjoy your chickens.

:aww

Hello. I have sent you a P.M.
I'm from Terre Haute and will be more than happy to help you out. I'm sorry that you are having such a hard time.
hmm.png

shawn

oh, I hate to see you give up on them.. were they older hens when you got them? I only ask because I got 5 (already laying) hens first and they had the whole coop to themselves and they too did the pecking order thing, but only till the "Head hen" won... it could be the same thing or they could just be to close for comfort...

Try to hang in there with them, If you can't I know you'll find a good happy home for them..

Hugs
hugs.gif

Caddy,
I'm about three hours away but I am willing to go up there. However, With you being so much closer maybe you should get what you can. If you can't help them with all of them I would still be willing to come and get what ever is left.

Back
Top Bottom