)*(@&#*()& I GIVE UP!

Badhbh

Songster
12 Years
Nov 16, 2007
Southern Indiana
Stupid second batch of stupid Seramas aren't hatching! ARGH! That's 16 eggs, not a one has hatched.
I'm very unreasonable right now.
he.gif

It's not like I don't know what i'm doing- i've had great hatches in the past. These bloody little buggers just won't do it though.

Those are very hard to hatch. It is no fun when you put so many hopes into a bator and get nothing. I had plenty of 0 hatches to get the bbs orps I have. I feel your pain.

Hope you do better in the future. After hearing how hard some breeds are to hatch in a bator, I wait until I have a good broody hen and place the eggs under her. Yes, I know it is not the same, but the hatch rate is better. Cheating may not be good for your love life, but with chickens anything is good if it works.

Quote:
102*-103* in a still air. Around 40% humidity until this week, and I bumped it up to 55-60.
I opened all the eggs. One died early on, but the rest were full term. One had even started absorbing the yolk. ONE was still moving, so we put it back in the bator with a wet paper towel over the hole. Lets hope that one makes it
sad.png

And yeah, i'm going broody from now on
sad.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Apparently they are. They have a lethal gene I think. Two batches. Two stinking batches, and two months. Grr!
I've been fine, just busy
sad.png
We have CRD, and i've been fighting that off. Guess i'm a closed flock now.
sad.png

Quote:
This may be your problem. In a still air it should be 101.5 at the tops of the eggs.

103 for extended periods hurries the development along and often can make the chicks die at full term.

If you have the budget for it ask Santa for a hovabator 1588.

Back
Top Bottom