I give up

apbgv

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 13, 2007
Iowa
Think I am going to give up on hatching in the bator. I have 2 possibly out of 16 eggs with maybe chicks due to hatch the 6th. When I broke the eggs in the ones that didn't develop it looked like scrambled eggs that hadn't been cooked. The last batch I had development in all but 1, 4 hatched the rest died before pipping ugh. All I wanted was a couple D'uccles to add to the flock then I was done, Limited room in the backyard and coop/run.
sad.png
Just had to vent:mad:

Awwwww apbgv...im so sorry
hugs.gif
have you checked your thermometer/Hydrometer? Maybe something wrong there? Keep trying...soon you will be blessed with little ones. Good luck!

I've never hatched before but maybe practice makes perfect...
My friend put 16 BLRW eggs in the bator for me. Only one hatched, so I got some Buttercup eggs to ease the pain!
cool.png

But I suppose if it's frustrating and not fun for you, you should probably give it up... but just take some time off and think about it before you do something silly like sell your bator!
hugs.gif

I won't sellmy bator for sure I only paid 10 bucks for it and am hoping my tortoises will give me some eggs someday to incubate they take about 3 mos or so to hatch and no turning involved:D

That really stinks but i have a couple suggestions for you. The eggs that didn’t hatch that you cracked open may have looked like scrambled eggs because the eggs weren’t fertile. I would think about getting the eggs somewhere else or if they are you own eggs from your flock check to see your cock to hen ratio. Make sure you have at least 1 cock to 10 hens.

You might also want to make sure you have a reliable thermometer to check the temp and make sure there is enough humidity for them.

Don’t give up try at least one more time with these suggestions.

Bwhite

Hey Amy,

I said I was going to give up too, (many times!) until I changed the wafer in my Hovabator. I was ready to throw it out with NO hatches at all.

Now I have eggs in, and they ALL look great- due on Friday.

Back
Top Bottom