I Give Up!!

What are you using for bedding? It's possible they're allergic or the bedding is too dusty as well.

Sorry I'm still trying to learn how to quote and copy n paste.. Lol.. I put what I'm using on other post... I had thought about that but the two that are in the brooder are sneezing as well... I was doing pine with them, then sand(which I hated in brooder) now I'm using newspapers and rags... I clean it twice a day..

All the chicks free ranged today... They are still sneezing some but enjoyed being outside. They ran, caught bugs, dust bathed, flew around, ate up my little garden I had planted, and had fun being chickens... I loved seeing them so happy!! Hopefully they can get over this and live healthy lives...

Everyone has great ideas. For me, I run about 100 chicks every 6 months through my coop. For me, I keep them in the brooder cage 6x6 with a red heat lamp and probiotic/electrolyte (sav-a-chick) for first two weeks, along with chick starter medicated. I do not ever get pasty butt. Then I move them on to starter/grower as per directions. I only lose one per 100 due to unforeseen issues. I keep them away from any possible drafts, cold, wet, windy, etc. Once they reach 16 weeks, they go into the hen house and chicken run with the others. I may be missing something with your post, but it almost seems you got a bad batch from somebody. Are you close to my feeding requirements?

Everyone has great ideas. For me, I run about 100 chicks every 6 months through my coop. For me, I keep them in the brooder cage 6x6 with a red heat lamp and probiotic/electrolyte (sav-a-chick) for first two weeks, along with chick starter medicated. I do not ever get pasty butt. Then I move them on to starter/grower as per directions. I only lose one per 100 due to unforeseen issues. I keep them away from any possible drafts, cold, wet, windy, etc. Once they reach 16 weeks, they go into the hen house and chicken run with the others. I may be missing something with your post, but it almost seems you got a bad batch from somebody. Are you close to my feeding requirements?     

I've been feeding Nutrena chick starter medicated... Pasty Butt is the 1 thing I've not dealt with.... Is starter/grower the same as chick starter?

Back
Top Bottom