I got a 10-week-old cockerel for my hens. Was it a mistake?

I absolutely LOVE Shadrachs articles… I learned so much from them...
— I personally adore roosters. I find them fascinating; I believe with patience and providing the right balance between dominance and reward, you will have a great bird that will gladly lay-down his life for your flock, and for you too!

Here’s a picture of our Roo, a Salmon Faverolle. He did not fully mature until he was around 9-10mos old, but he’s absolutely AMAZING! View attachment 3608385
👆🏻 Here he is over by our Bantam flock of Silkies, even tho they have their own rooster, he always checks-in on them as well, just to make sure everything is well on the whole farm…
He looks cool. My new rooster did that too. I keep a batch of younger pullets and cockerels than those he led in their separate coop/run a bit longer than everybody else and he would go to the coop and circles it making a worried sound.
I was wondering if he wanted to eat their food but he was checking in on them!

He looks cool. My new rooster did that too. I keep a batch of younger pullets and cockerels than those he led in their separate coop/run a bit longer than everybody else and he would go to the coop and circles it making a worried sound.
I was wondering if he wanted to eat their food but he was checking in on them!
Love this!!! ♥️♥️ — Isn’t it fascinating how we end up learning what their sounds mean…

Back
Top Bottom