I Got A New Bunny!!! *pictures*

Quote:
Dutch rabbits are hard to show, plus theres no suxh thing as a perfectly marked dutch. I actually have a pair of chocoalte dutch rabbits that I have no clue what to do with them.
Billie the bunny is very cute
smile.png
I couldnt picture taking a bunny to wal-mart in my purse. Did she make a mess in your purse?

i wouldn't know what i was doing. (my mom thinks she knows everything about animals. she told me you can't ride on the back of a zebra and i proved her wrong, she won't believe me cuz she wants to be right). lol no mess in my purse but she peed on me right before we go in the store
lau.gif
you can't get mad at her she's just tooo cute. i've had ducks poo on me many many times soo i didn't mind it at all. it doesn't smell soo whatever. but i changed my shirt when i got home
lau.gif

uhm i am not sure what paris hilton carries. i hate celebs. they get on my last nerves. i did hear she has a tea cup piggie. only cuz i sent the pictire of my bunny in my purse to a friend and she said she wants a tea cup piggie, she had heard paris had one.

It's been at least 15 years since I bred Dutch, but I agree with marebear07, the "perfect" Dutch doesn't exist. They are so persnickety about the markings, sometimes the best you can get are simply "free of DQ's." I don't think I see any DQ's in the pictures (not sure about her left elbow,) but I'd have to have the rabbit actually in my hands to be sure. I won't say that your bunny can't be shown, but I will say, it was at the pet store for a reason. Either the breeder considered it only pet quality, or the breeder didn't have a clue what they were doing, in which case they were most likely producing only pet quality. But I like to say, "pet quality" doesn't mean it can't be a quality pet! Your bunny is very cute, and obviously very well loved, so I wish you the best with him/her!

While it is true that most people that are seriously breeding rabbits for meat usually work with the bigger breeds, the Dutch has the "commercial" body type for a reason. Believe it or not, I have known people that were breeding Netherland Dwarfs for show, and eating their culls. They all taste the same (I won't tell the buns if you don't!)
wink.png

Last edited:
I know someone personally (mike smith) who does produce some of the best marked dutch I have ever seen. He always wins at shows, and I have got to personaly handle some of his rabbits. The stops come up too high on the one leg on your bunny. Thats where the black part meets the white part of the foot. The black uneven and seems to be crossing into the white part. that will get your bunny marked down, and he would place lower in the class on the table at the show. When that breed is judged and shown they are looking for the animal with the best markings, and perfect body type. Your bunny would be better off as a nice pet then a show bunny. If you are interested in showing, you should attend some rabbits shows, talk to the dutch rabbit breeders, and watch how they are judged. A lot of mismarked dutch with fair body type end up at pet shops.

Your bunny is adorabe, and I am glad you are happy with it.
smile.png

i didn't wana show cuz i don't like to hear negative things. she has got the cutest personality and that's all i care about. she is adorable! she's friendly, curious, sweet, and just wants to be everyone's friend. i honestly don't care if her markings aren't perfect. personsonality is.

i am not trying to be mean at all, i just don't like to hear stuff like that. that's exactly why i don't show my PETS. they are pets not to be shown.

hensplease... when i got my first bunny... i wasn't supposed to get one
lau.gif
i was 20 at the time, and i had extra birthday money!!! my sister in law and i went to this flea market by my house. they are all kids of animals there and not taken care of at allll!!!! so i bought my first bunny, a cage, and a bag of food for 20 bucks. (i also got my 2 duckies there too. i more like rescued my pets from there) my parents were out of town and when they came home they were mad. lol. i told them she followed me home and brought her cage and food HAHAH. they ended up warming up to her. we all cried when she passed away last week. now we are all attached to my new little girl.

i wasn't supposed to have ducks either. my mom said no (she was gone) my dad said yes (he was drunk and home) so i got one. sadly a week later it passed away. somehow i talked them into letting me get 2 and i rescued my little spoiled inside duckies <3

my parents just can't say no to me or adorable animal faces
smile.png

keep trying. maybe someday she will!!

HAHAHA how cute!! i tried for a goat. my dad had one when he was younger and said NO! because he said his goat ate EVERYTHING in nit's sight. haha even his mom's garden hose
lau.gif
i still try but they won't ever let me get one. i'd like to live on a farm with all kinds of animals!!!

Back
Top Bottom