I got a new roo, but not sure what kind he is

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by chickenranchwife, Jan 7, 2008.

1. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

2. Ang

Ang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    I am no expert but he looks like an Easter Egger to me.

3. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    I agree, a birchen Easter Egger.

4. chickenranchwife

Thanks Bliss and Ang, I wasn't sure what kind he was, and I had a few thoughts. I had kinda thought he might be, but his legs are black. We think he's pretty!

5. rjv_piper

rjv_piper Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Utah
    He also might be a salmon favorolla, I do not own the breed and have little experiance, but thats what he looks like to me.

6. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I have a salmon faverolles and he is a little like that, but I'm sure the rooster in the pic is not one.

If he is indeed an Easter Egg rooster, then I want one. I've been looking for another pretty rooster for when I expand in the spring.

7. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Quote:Nope,lol. Salmon Favs have feathered legs, and 5 toes I believe. He's definitely an EE.

8. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Agree, he's an EE and a very pretty one too. [​IMG]

Jody

9. chickenranchwife

All I know is he's quieter than my BO rooster that I had, and he's a lot nicer too! Ole red would come at me and my daughter! He had her picked out when she'd enter the coop area, and chase her or jump on her. I haven't got to spend much time with my new guy yet, but when I let him out on Monday he was sure quiet.
    I looked and thought maybe he was a welsummer (sp), but couldn't really find anything that looked like him.

10. StellaLenoir

StellaLenoir Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2007
    Just to let you know chickenranchwife , a person clicking to see your rooster, can access all your other photos.

You may want to set your account to private.

I did just the same thing last month posting pics and I had no idea people could see everything till someone told me. [​IMG]

Pretty boy too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by