I got a pip! * PIC added *

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by needmorechickens!, Sep 17, 2008.

1. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    [​IMG] I am on day 19 with the first eggs that I have ever incubated and I have a pip! [​IMG] It's a tiny little hole and I hope it doesn't take forever because how am I possibly going to sleep with a chick hatching in my living room!!!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Go Chickies!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ~Rebecca [​IMG]

Edited to add this pic, this is 15 hours after first beginning to pip....its so hard to wait...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Good luck... shucks I'm glad I don't incubate because I wouldn't be able to get any sleep...

3. DulcyDoll

DulcyDoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Congrats!
    What are they?

4. needmorechickens!

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    These are the eggs that Quail_Antwerp sent me as an experiment for the price of shipping only. She has never hatched any of her eggs before and I have never incubated before! [​IMG]
    They are mixed chicks and one egg is green. I started out with 12 total and I had 5 make it this far.
    The one that is hatching is the largest egg she sent me. It has always been very active when I was candling too, so it'll probably be a big ol' roo! [​IMG]
    ~Rebecca

5. needmorechickens!

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    This is day 20! [​IMG]
    This morning the pip is bigger, but none of the others have pipped yet. Pray for my chickies to hatch! [​IMG]
    I was able to sleep last night but woke up once to check on them! [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ~Rebecca

6. needmorechickens!

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    [​IMG]
    Now my GREEN egg is pipping. [​IMG]
    It just started a few minutes ago!!!!
    Go baby go... [​IMG]

~Rebecca

7. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

Hey we are in the same boat! I had an egg pip last night and this morning it was bigger and a brother or sister is pipping next to her. We have a cheerleader in there with them(he has a hurt footsie and we are trying to recouperate him) He cheeps encouraging them to come on out and play!!!!

I cannot wait to get home and see how the hatch is going!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. chickenandabiscuit

chickenandabiscuit Out Of The Brooder

Aug 28, 2008
    Kane, Illinois
    I know you stated it was your first time incubating, but be sure to keep that incubator closed until they are all done or until 3 days have passed. It is so hard not to remove that guy once he is out and fluffed up, but opening that bator can be the breaking point for your hatch.
    Hope all goes well and post some more pics when your big ol roo is out of his shell and standing up!
    I have some Blue Jerseys that will be hatching on Wednesday! It never gets old![​IMG]

9. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

I agree about it never getting old. I think the hatch aliens have implanted me with the hatching urge! I cannot stop even though I know winter is coming. We are just building bigger and more warm houses for the babies hee hee!!!!

10. chickenandabiscuit

chickenandabiscuit Out Of The Brooder

Aug 28, 2008
    Kane, Illinois
    Me too. My used to be normal backyard is getting cluttered with houses and fencing and lots and lot and lots of crowing.
    But look on the bright side hatching out of season will mean they will be laying by late spring/early summer and you can start hatching those eggs!.....and the madness continues!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by