I got a pip! * PIC added *

needmorechickens!

Songster
11 Years
Jul 2, 2008
West TN
ep.gif
I am on day 19 with the first eggs that I have ever incubated and I have a pip!
yippiechickie.gif
It's a tiny little hole and I hope it doesn't take forever because how am I possibly going to sleep with a chick hatching in my living room!!!!
barnie.gif

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
Go Chickies!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

~Rebecca
pop.gif

Edited to add this pic, this is 15 hours after first beginning to pip....its so hard to wait...
web-first-pip-ever.jpg

roll.png

Last edited:
jumpy.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

These are the eggs that Quail_Antwerp sent me as an experiment for the price of shipping only. She has never hatched any of her eggs before and I have never incubated before!
yippiechickie.gif

They are mixed chicks and one egg is green. I started out with 12 total and I had 5 make it this far.
The one that is hatching is the largest egg she sent me. It has always been very active when I was candling too, so it'll probably be a big ol' roo!
love.gif

~Rebecca

This is day 20!
yippiechickie.gif

This morning the pip is bigger, but none of the others have pipped yet. Pray for my chickies to hatch!
fl.gif

I was able to sleep last night but woke up once to check on them!
tongue.png

fl.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
fl.gif

~Rebecca

Hey we are in the same boat! I had an egg pip last night and this morning it was bigger and a brother or sister is pipping next to her. We have a cheerleader in there with them(he has a hurt footsie and we are trying to recouperate him) He cheeps encouraging them to come on out and play!!!!

I cannot wait to get home and see how the hatch is going!!!!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
wee.gif

I know you stated it was your first time incubating, but be sure to keep that incubator closed until they are all done or until 3 days have passed. It is so hard not to remove that guy once he is out and fluffed up, but opening that bator can be the breaking point for your hatch.
Hope all goes well and post some more pics when your big ol roo is out of his shell and standing up!
I have some Blue Jerseys that will be hatching on Wednesday! It never gets old!
lol.png

I agree about it never getting old. I think the hatch aliens have implanted me with the hatching urge! I cannot stop even though I know winter is coming. We are just building bigger and more warm houses for the babies hee hee!!!!

Me too. My used to be normal backyard is getting cluttered with houses and fencing and lots and lot and lots of crowing.
But look on the bright side hatching out of season will mean they will be laying by late spring/early summer and you can start hatching those eggs!.....and the madness continues!

Back
Top Bottom