I GOT A RACCOON!

personally take a baseball bat and put him out of his misery, if you let him go he will die a slow painfully death frm infection.

That is a painful, violent death and is not humane. It is not likely he will die from infection.

Now I will shut up about it so the thread doesnt get closed. I do support people protecting their flocks however they see fit, humanely

Rosy,glad your chickens are safe! Seems like a close call with the doors opne. So very glad it didnt turn out differently! My guess is, as a certified wildlife rehabber, he would do well if he is in an area like you mention. He is a wild animal who will adapt to his environment to survive, ust like most animals do. I wouldnt worry to much about him. But I would keep that trap set!
big_smile.png

Edit to be nicer after shocked by a previous post and writing something that could be perceived as snotty.
tongue.png

Last edited:
Exactly, silkie.

I have worked as a cert. vet tech for years---I have seen how horrible people can be and how wonderful people can be. Killing a raccoon with a bat is not humane.

Last edited:
you know im sorry that i said the bat thing but just get over it gesh , i havent tried it and she dint do it so why r your panys in a whad ???

Folks don't own a gun but have chickens? Got predators but don't know how to deal with them? Maybe a slingshot would be more appropriate? Death by lethal injection if you can get them to hold still opposed to a ball bat....now that would be humane.
lau.gif
. I can't think of much out there that doesn't favor eating chicken. Good luck on explaining to a coon why he should find his meal elsewhere. I was working in the garage the other day while free ranging my ladies when my roo alerted me of three dogs entering the yard. I chased them up the road with a tap measure in my hand because it’s all that I had at the time. It’s either your flock or feeding dogs, hawks or any other wildlife. Your coon will be back, trust me. Just ask my coonhound.
ep.gif
:eek:

so why r your panys in a whad

Lacey, please dont be insulting.

You just have to be careful when you pass out advice, people may take you up on it not knowing any better. They come for guidance, passing out wrong advice could end up with someone using your advice.

To the OP, maybe your should keep that trap set, just in case.​

ok lets stop the debate a little bit.
I don't feel as if I should've kill the little guy.
Some do.
Done.

Back
Top Bottom