I got a rooster FINALLY

Maine-iac4chix

Chirping
Apr 23, 2021
PATTEN maine
Pretty sure at this point, that one is a Cockerel one is a pullet lol he's bigger (they are exact age) he's got a different comb and striped saddle feathers plus the other one already looks like a hen but they are only 40 days old but he looks markedly different which makes me 95% sure it's a Cockerel. The other is a pullet I'm 100% sure but I'm way psyched to have a Roo!! My 2 two year old EE hens will have a roo as soon as I get them together.. They are still seperated from the older two.. Here he is (and she) this is him (1st pic), she is next pic #2 below
20210512_140834_HDR.jpg

This is the pullet below (I'm 95% sure) pic#2 ..below..pullet I believe
20210512_140853_HDR.jpg

This picture below was him also almost two wks ago, (pullet above I'm 95% sure she looks different, shorter stockier, tail feathers are different length n colors) but now his waddles are starting, bigger n Pinker.. he has the striped saddle feathers, plus he's built different ..he's lanky she's shorter (plus no where near the lengths of feathers on tail) I know that's not necessarily a tell all, but she's built like a hen already .. He's built like a boy, longer tail feathers significantly, and he's sparring with the other three very differently than the pullet, he jumps on their backs instead of just karate kicks like she does(Kung Fu fighting I call it lol) but this was him to wks ago (below) plus he's after my two year old hens through the screen not shy at all.. Now his comb and waddles are turning a darker pink, the other isn't showing the same as him and like I said they were hatched same day..I have two light Brahma bantams I can't tell any differences like these two
20210507_180911_Signature.jpg

Yep, the one in the top picture definitely looks like a little cockerel to me, based on comb/wattle redness. Congratulations! :)
Here HE IS TODAY WAS FIRST DAY OUT WITH MY TWO 2 YR OLD HENS, THEY DID GREAT BUT HERE'S A PIC OF BOTH THE LIGHT BRAHMAS THE PULLET N HIM TOO.. I'm absolutely thrilled at this Cockerel thing he's already being bossy with my two hens, ones not dealing well with it she became broody when I added the babies into their seperated room under their roost area in the main coupe she wanted to get to her eggs "why's those guys in with my eggs?? I don't like this at all!!! lol but she's a lil pecky she stopped after a few minutes everyone's ok and kinda chilling today with the babies but they are all finding their spot still seperated at night but today was their first free range day..46 days old n kicking ass lol he's so handsome already and she's like a mini hen, it cracks me up but last two pics are him also.. His tail is way way longer and more erect, he's just all erect ..he's funny and I'm thrilled

Attachments

• 20210518_170211_HDR_(1).jpg
    20210518_170211_HDR_(1).jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210518_170027_HDR_(1).jpg
    20210518_170027_HDR_(1).jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210518_170208_HDR_(1).jpg
    20210518_170208_HDR_(1).jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 11
Here HE IS TODAY WAS FIRST DAY OUT WITH MY TWO 2 YR OLD HENS, THEY DID GREAT BUT HERE'S A PIC OF BOTH THE LIGHT BRAHMAS THE PULLET N HIM TOO.. I'm absolutely thrilled at this Cockerel thing he's already being bossy with my two hens, ones not dealing well with it she became broody when I added the babies into their seperated room under their roost area in the main coupe she wanted to get to her eggs "why's those guys in with my eggs?? I don't like this at all!!! lol but she's a lil pecky she stopped after a few minutes everyone's ok and kinda chilling today with the babies but they are all finding their spot still seperated at night but today was their first free range day..46 days old n kicking ass lol he's so handsome already and she's like a mini hen, it cracks me up but last two pics are him also.. His tail is way way longer and more erect, he's just all erect ..he's funny and I'm thrilled
Beautiful cockerel! Glad to hear he's doing well! :)

Beautiful cockerel! Glad to hear he's doing well! :)
Oh he's something and doing awesome..I live in northern Maine I'm super impressed with this breed, they just fell right into coupe life along with a closed in pen seperated from the bigs...umm until today.. All six birds actually chilled together for a while today.. The two year olds are accepting them, pretty quickly as they come from a flock of 12 originally.. It went super good today integrating everyone.. SUCCESS!! Gnite 😀🐣🐤

Oh he's something and doing awesome..I live in northern Maine I'm super impressed with this breed, they just fell right into coupe life along with a closed in pen seperated from the bigs...umm until today.. All six birds actually chilled together for a while today.. The two year olds are accepting them, pretty quickly as they come from a flock of 12 originally.. It went super good today integrating everyone.. SUCCESS!! Gnite 😀🐣🐤
It's great that the integration process went so well!
Goodnight! :)

My guys been sick, getting deworming pellets tomorrow, probly gsoe has yawned allot in last few days it about a wk here n there, usually apple cider vinegar does the trick but it didn't work enough to be comfy with he's to important to me and his flock now... symptoms are but not limited to, watery poop lays around allot doesn't crow looks mussed up all the time, it's just recently the but I'm on it like I said meds tomorrow but he's still huge he's the one with the face in the feeder the brown bigger hen is my two year old EE Twiggy and he towers her, actually the light Brahma 6 mo. Old pullet (white hen in pic)passed my once thought was big, EE.. lol.. He can barely got under the hood thingy my bf fastened to feeder cuz of rain

Attachments

• 20210723_105041.jpg
    20210723_105041.jpg
    449.3 KB · Views: 3
20210617_101452.jpg

Here's so suspicious all the time lol.. But he still knows who's boss.. Me.. He's super chill tho 20210723_105033.jpg
Front n center-Ducky, far right-Twiggy
middle Kramar-AKA Brooster, next up in middle small brown bantam-goosie, last certainly not least cosmo-light Brahma pullet/hen
Duckie n Goosie (two tiny bantams) are named that because they quack at me and have since day one of their big Bird sounds.. Hence their names!!!

Back
Top Bottom