I got feeder fish for the ducklings...

dianaross77

Crowing
13 Years
Oct 10, 2010
Grand Blanc, MI
Now I have pet fish!
hmm.png
I put them in the concrete mixing tub that the ducklings drink out of and occasionally swim in. They could care less. Little stinkers. I guess that's what I get for feeling guilty after I got the fish. Oh well. They might find them at some point. Now they are living in a tiny kiddie pool with plants and aquarium decorations. The kids are thrilled. The dogs are enjoying the flavored water.

Oh no, that is very funny. The ducks might develop a taste for fishies once they are a bit older.

When I got feeder fish for my ducks for the first time the ducks were frightened of them. After 3 hours or so the ducks felt brave enough to get in the pool with them. After about 2 hours of floating about gazing at the fish they went into hunt mode. No more fish. But for a while theere I was wondering what I'd do with 10 pet fish
roll.png

I had to work up to my ducklings actually swimming and hunting the fish. To start with, I actually flicked the fish out of the water into the brooder so the ducks first learned that shiny moving fish = yummy. Then I let them "hunt" in a shallow pie plate. Now they will happily hunt in their pond.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom