I Got MY Chicks From Cackle

mtnhomechick

Songster
11 Years
Jun 27, 2008
Mountain Home, AR
Morning' guys,

Well, the PO called promptly at 8 am and we had them here by 8:30. Two were dying when we opened the box, one is still lingering the other died.

Darned it I can count how many I have. Was hoping they would send a couple extra in case this happened but they moving too fast for me.

Just thought I'd let ya know.

Oh wow...how many did you order? I would give them a call about the losses for sure.

Congrats on getting the babies...enjoy them! We NEED pics.
love.gif

Well, the other little one died now.

I should have counted when I put them in the brooder, but we saw the two downed ones and just rushed to try to save them. I doubt they would send me 2 chicks.

No they will not send two but they will or should refund you the cost of them.
wink.png

And it is just a good idea to let them know of the losses.

Last edited:
Just talked to Cackle and they only gaurantee live delivery..........well the two arrived alive but dying. So, It's not too bad because the rest are real active and eating and drinking a lot. They said they always send one extra so I'm only out 1 chick. I just hope it was stress and not some disease.......but, it's probably the stress.

I think it is they guarentee live arrival...and I'm pretty sure the will refund you for any DOA chicks. By ordering chicks through the mail you are taking the risk upon yourself. It is never a guarentee that all the chicks will arrive alive. I would NOT never order from Cackle or any hatchery just because 2 of the chicks of an ENTIRE order died.
Good Luck with the rest of the chicks!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom