I got my first egg! Awww yeah! Pictures of egg and chickens included.

6RandomBrownLayers

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 23, 2011
Well, today I went out of the house in the morning to let the girls out. The very first thing I noticed was that they, or at least one, was very loud. I thought it was strange, but also thought they just might want to go outside. There was also a very little part of me that thought someone might be up to something egg related. I dismissed it rather quickly though as I had thought this before and didn't want to get my hopes up. I soon forgot about it and went to school like usual. I came home at 5 to put them in, they are usually already on the roost so all I have to do is close the door. Since some have been squatting I check the ground in the coop when I put them in just to make sure I didn't miss one. I noticed one of the golf balls I put in the nest boxes on the ground. I thought that was a good sign that they were investigating the nest boxes. Well when I looked up to see if anything else was wrong, I noticed a small brown thing that was not there in the morning. AN EGG!
yesss.gif
yesss.gif
I am a little embarrassed about this part.
hide.gif
I ran inside yelling " I GOT AN EGG! I GOT AN EGG!" After I went out with my mom who saw it, the next most logical thing to do was call my dad and grandparents and yell the same thing over the phone. I think it was either my Barred Rock, Fiona (Queue picture now) or my Delaware, Taylor. Both pictures are rather old, at least 3-5 weeks so their faces, waddles and combs are bigger and redder now. Taylor has been squatting longer so I think it's her. Well it is a very nice brown egg.... Well whoever laid it, laid it right in smack dab in the middle of the nest box. I couldn't have placed it better myself. Not bad for a first time chicken and chicken raiser, huh?

Congrats on the first egg! Great feeling isn't it? Whe we got our first egg my bestfriend was in town visiting and we both jumped around the yard hugging each other! Just couldn't contain our eggcitement!
celebrate.gif

Something that I think is pretty funny is when I would go to people's houses who had chickens I would get super excited if they let me get their eggs. Now I get to do it everyday!
yesss.gif

Back
Top Bottom