I got some hatching pics added

19 TOTAL I got 1 a&m but he died today kinda my fault. he jumped and hit the floor, he didn't land right! Only 2 buttons I checked the rest of eggs and most had developed but didn't pip the chicks were dead. I'm still happy with the hatch total 15 eggs from you hatched 8 dropped 2 broken from shipping.

I think some of the problem is my temps, it been real hot here so I run the AC all day so I can sleep but the basement gets real cold down there. I need to move my bators upstairs for the rest of the month since I got the 1 bator full of chicken eggs and I just got some Bobs today I traded for some Coturnix Chicks last hatch. Gonna be busy tomorrow time to butcher the males and make room for some new breeders mam I ran away with this post sorry

Last edited:
I hate it when they do that
sad.png
Buttons are very temperamental,, if things aren't just right they won't hatch.

I keep my bators in a spare bedroom with the vents closed off so there aren't any major fluctuations in the temps.

Was the A&M from me? I seem to keep mixing them up! I sent you a mix though, right? It must have been the tuxedo eggs that got dropped....bummer
sad.png

So it was 15 counting the buttons? Not bad
smile.png
I sent what, 24 coturnix eggs? 10 broken, and 13 hatched from the 14 remaining? That's pretty good imo!

I don't think I've lost any of these babies yet. I did lose 2 A&Ms from my birds, and I believe there was 1 brown that died. I had 2 or 3 of my browns' eggs mixed in there, so idk if it was yours or mine!

If you want any of the other colors eggs just let me know. If you do happen to go to the meet-up I can bring them with. I should have some young ones of the other colors as well to take along, if anyone wants some. I'm going to try to not take things that aren't sold, since I'm riding with a friend of mine. Another friend is also riding with, so if either of them take things, that poor little station wagon will be loaded! Good thing most everything I'm taking is quail, at least they don't take up much room!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom