I got some mille fleur

Here they are. They are a little nervous so this is the best I could do. Do you think both of the lighter ones are hens? Why does ones upper body seem to stick out more, is this how they are?

DSC_2545.jpg

Do you know how old they are? The one with the strange stance looks like a pullet to me as does the one with the Guinea. The comb on the one in the middle of the first pic does not seem to be developed enough to be an adult rooster but may be a budding cockerel. My Millies were easy to distinguish the sex at around 5 weeks. Red combs sprouted very fast. Your birds seem young. You will see the sickle and hackle feathers developing soon on the males. They are noticable on the one chickens whose tail is in the first pic.

I think they are young I don't know anything about them. The guy just wanted them gone....and I really thought they were cute so I gave them a home. Here is another picture.
DSC_2540.jpg

Oh my, those little things are just beautiful. I like my porcelin color but the mille fleur is beautiful. I would love to get a few of those girls. Congrats.

You have beautiful millie fleurs. We have 5 hens and I just love em. Our bantams are in the same flock as our full size hens and rooster. They are quite comical. They all get along and can forage quite well. They are excellent fliers too. We don't have names, we just call them the bantams as they all look alike.

WOW Beautiful chickens! I had some d'uccles one time, 2 blue mille fleur, 2 regular mille fleur, and 2 porcelain. They were part of the group of 22 chicks that the neighbor boy killed, I have never had a full grown one though. Hmm, now I have to decide which breed I want for broodies again, you all have me looking at d'Uccles now, on top of me already trying to decide between silkies and cochins! Thanks a lot! LOL I will probably get cochins, I think they may be more likely to go broody more often than the d'Uccles? I also like all the color varieties in the cochin, and also the cochins would probably be less likely to be such great flyers since they are built differently. I don't have a top on my coop (it is a wired off corner inside the big barn), 10'X12' but no top. So the wilder, more flighty bantams fly out the top and roost in the rafters, pooping all over the equipment we have in there. Can't have that!
tongue.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom