I got them, and some questions for you too

cochinbantam-lover

Songster
10 Years
May 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Hi,
I sent a post recently about getting a breed of chicken but wasn't sure of what it was so I asked her to be more specific and she did. It is a beautiful pair of Belgian Bearded d'Uccle.
What do you know of this breed and does anyone have experiences with them? They are really beautiful little chickens. I believe this lady to be a nice person who cares about her chickens and where they go that's why she wanted me to have them "for free", now do you think it would be alright to put them in with my chickens in the coop if they will be in a cage for awhile till they all become accustomed to one another?
Please respond ASAP
Thanks very much!

Don't know anything about the breed, but you should always quarantine a new animal for at least a week before bringing into your flock. Then I would put a pen inside your pen for them to get accustomed to each other before turning them all loose together.

Thankyou that's kinda what I was thinking, just to be on the safe side! I have put alot of time and love into raising my chickens from little babies starting this spring so they mean a great deal to me and don't want to make any preventable problems. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom