I guess I made a mistake

RMBGKY

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 29, 2010
Bowling Green, KY
I had a chicken setting on a clutch of eggs in the coop and according to general consensus I built a separate pen and moved her. Everything went great and the chicks are now 3 weeks old. My guinea was setting on a clutch of eggs inside the chicken coop so I let the chicken and chicks out of the pen yesterday to move the guinea in. I moved the guinea and eggs into the pen last night, but she never sit on the eggs again. The eggs are cold this morning so they are all dead. I know now to not move a setting guinea.

Awww...so sorry. This will happen sometimes with a sitting hen too. How cold does it get at night where you are? I wouldn't give up on the eggs this time of year. If you can put them in an incubator, they might still be viable.

I agree, you can't usually move a Guinea Hen and her eggs, they are very particular about being disturbed while nesting and will abandon their eggs in a heartbeat. How far along are the Guinea eggs? I'd try to incubate them if you can, quickly, or shove them under a broody Hen! You have nothing to lose at this point anyway, right?

Bummer, sorry for the loss of the eggs
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom